[rules-users] Guvnor and DSL i18n

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:57:59 EDT 2013

To be honest, I don't think any documentation has been updated for 6.0 from
5.5, we've just not had the time yet.

That said, as far as I am concerned, DSLs remain in 6.0. We have continued
suppprt for them in Drools Workbench (what was called Guvnor, but more
about that soon).

DSLs are basically text templates and substitution. A DSL can contain any
text and hence could be defined for any locale. This is already supported.

What there is not, in 5.5 or 6.0, is the ability to define multiple DSL
sentence templates for a single DRL fragment; each representing a different
locale.

This could be implemented in Drools Workbench but it is not scheduled for
6.0. Drools itself wants to find a better, natural language, replacement
for DSL but as far as I know not for 6.0.