[rules-users] Scala, Groovy, Clojure, etc. Bindings

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 11 16:05:17 EST 2013

The engine itself is independent of any language. There are two components to building a new language - the parser and the compiler.

However the api’s for this are not that clean at present .We use to maintain a Clips language,as an example, for a while - but no one used it, so it got left behind.

Over 2014 we’ll be having an internals cleanup, where we want to streamline the process of making new host languages for the engine to sit in. I’d be very interested in a scala DSL for this. We also want to look into what a Java DSL would look like, using lambas. If working on this interests you, pop onto irc for a chat.

Mark