[rules-users] Dynamically populate Rule-Flow Group?

nzhu972 nev972 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 18:18:16 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am using BRMS 5.3.1 and I have a scenario where I will have multiple
decision tables and for each decision table, a corresponding workflow
process is associated with it (scenario 1)

Scenario 1.

decision table: X, Y, Z
WorkFlow     : A, B, C

Since there are no difference between the workflows except for the decision
table that the flow is referencing, I like to combine the workflows into one
single flow and dynamically populate the rule-flow group (see scenario 2)

Scenario 2.

decision table: X, Y, Z
WorkFlow     : A

The rule-flow group will determine which set of decision table is relevant.

I have not seen examples where rule-flow group or any other attribute being
dynamically populated. Typically, they are assigned with a string during
declaration.

My question is :

is it possible to dynamic determine the value for rule-flow group during run
time and then assign it with a value?

Thanks in advance for any advice.