[rules-users] Why disable properyreactive if amount of properties larger than or equals to 64

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 09:28:22 EDT 2013

There's only a technical reason: we need to map each property with a bit in a
bitmask to implement that feature and we are using a long as bitmask. We
could use a BitSet to overcome this limitation but this will come with a
performance cost and at the moment we don't want to pay this price for what
we consider an extremely seldom use case: it is very unlikely (and probably
also a bad design symptom) that some of your facts could have more than 64
properties and if this is your case I personally believe there's something
you should reconsider about your data model independently from this
limitation.

However, if there is any compelling use case (or many users will require
this), we could reconsider this decision. For this reason it would be great
for us to know a bit more about your specific use case, and in particular
how you ended up having some data objects with 64+ fields and, if this is
the case, why you think this could be a need more common than we expected.

Thanks a lot for your feedback,
Mario