[rules-users] session deserialization slidingTimeWindow NPE

Alexander Wolf mail at alexander-wolf.net
Thu Oct 17 03:46:35 EDT 2013

Sometimes (I am not sure what the actual reason is yet ) I get following NPE when I try to deserialize my ksessions:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.drools.common.ConcurrentNodeMemories.getNodeMemory(ConcurrentNodeMemories.java:63)
	at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.getNodeMemory(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1034)
	at org.drools.rule.SlidingTimeWindow$BehaviorExpireWMAction.<init>(SlidingTimeWindow.java:460)

This is not a new problem, I found an old post on the mailing list, that describes the same here: (but unfortunately without any answers)
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/rules-users-5-5-0-Final-persistence-to-MySQL-td4023628.html

Apparently it's got something to do with slidingTime in one rule, but as it does not always occur - am I quite puzzled.

Any Ideas or Workarounds?

- Alex