[rules-users] Question about custom accumulation functions

mikerod mjr4184 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 15:19:34 EDT 2013

On a somewhat related note:

I have a rule, where the value of #getResult may match the constraint at
some point during the accumulation, but later on will result in a value that
does not match the constraint anymore.

So in my scenario, the LHS of the rule is true at some point during the
accumulation of working memory elements, so the RHS fires.  My RHS logically
inserts new facts into working memory, via #insertLogical.

Later, the #getResult returns a non-matching value, and the LHS of the rule
becomes false.  However, from what I'm seeing, the facts inserted into
working memory from "intermediate" matches of the LHS, are not being
retracted when the LHS becomes false later on.

Is this expected behavior?