[rules-users] Unexpected behavior of accumulate() and insertLogical() when the result() goes from matching a constraint to not matching

mikerod mjr4184 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 14:52:30 EDT 2013

I understand that there is no concept within the engine of latest.  I the
surprising behavior to me here was that the rule seems to become invalidated
in the LHS when the fact is matched with the a version than the previous
one.  Using insertLogical, I generally expect the rule to retract previously
inserted facts when the rule is found to no longer be true for its
constraints.

This concept of stream mode and events is not something I am very familiar
with.  I appreciate you pointing it out to me.