[rules-users] What is the defect tracking process for Drools Community Edition

adarsh.chaini at hsbcib.com adarsh.chaini at hsbcib.com
Fri Sep 6 04:20:11 EDT 2013

All,

We are using drools as our rule engine in one of our mission critical
application which is distributed in nature .
Recently we have found a very bad memory leak with in the drools that does
not clean the some of the listeners after the execution of the
session(stateless in our case).
This caused our distributed JVM's to grow quite rapidly in and we had to
fix this by manually removing those listener which we never added as users
of the API.
What is the process to track this and find if this is already  known and
fixed in a later version.

We are using the following components and dependencies where ${drools.ver}
is  <drools.ver>5.3.1.Final</drools.ver>

                        <dependency>
                                <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
                                <artifactId>drools-core</artifactId>
                                <version>${drools.ver}</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                                <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
                                <artifactId>drools-compiler</artifactId>
                                <version>${drools.ver}</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                                <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
                                <artifactId>drools-spring</artifactId>
                                <version>${drools.ver}</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <!-- -->

                        <dependency>
                                <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
                                <artifactId>drools-decisiontables</
artifactId>
                                <version>${drools.ver}</version>
                        </dependency>

Thanks
 &
Regards,
Adarsh

HSBC Bank plc may be solicited in the course of its placement efforts for
a new issue, by investment clients of the firm for whom the Bank as a firm
already provides other services. It may equally decide to allocate to its
own proprietary book or with an associate of HSBC Group. This represents a
potential conflict of interest. HSBC Bank plc has internal arrangements
designed to ensure that the firm would give unbiased and full advice to
the corporate finance client about the valuation and pricing of the
offering as well as internal systems, controls and procedures to identify
and manage conflicts of interest.

HSBC Bank plc
Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ, United Kingdom
Registered in England - Number 14259
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This transmission has been issued by a member of the HSBC Group
"HSBC" for the information of the addressee only and should not be
reproduced and/or distributed to any other person. Each page
attached hereto must be read in conjunction with any disclaimer
which forms part of it. Unless otherwise stated, this transmission
is neither an offer nor the solicitation of an offer to sell or
purchase any investment. Its contents are based on information
obtained from sources believed to be reliable but HSBC makes no
representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to its
completeness or accuracy.