[rules-users] counter in slidingTime window with restriction

Alexander Wolf mail at alexander-wolf.net
Fri Sep 6 04:39:36 EDT 2013

Drools Version 5.5.0 FINAL

Here's the code for session setup:

        KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
        kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("myrule.drl"), ResourceType.DRL);

        // Check the builder for errors
        if (kbuilder.hasErrors()) { System.out.println(kbuilder.getErrors().toString());
        	throw new RuntimeException("Unable to compile \"myrule.drl\".");
        }

        KnowledgeBase kbase = kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase();
        //configure knowledge base
        KnowledgeBaseConfiguration baseConfig = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBaseConfiguration();
        baseConfig.setOption( EventProcessingOption.STREAM );

        //init session clock
        KnowledgeSessionConfiguration sessionConfig = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeSessionConfiguration();
        sessionConfig.setOption( ClockTypeOption.get("realtime") );
        //init stateful knowledge session
        StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(sessionConfig, null);

And here's how I inserted the events for testing purpose:

    	//get Knowledge Base
    	StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = initKnowledgeSession();

        //entry point for sensor events
        WorkingMemoryEntryPoint sensorEventStream = ksession.getWorkingMemoryEntryPoint( "SensorEventStream" );

        Room room = new Room(24);
        ksession.insert(room);
        System.out.println("1. fireAllRules()");
        ksession.fireAllRules();
        //insert events
        for(int i=2;i<8;i++){
        	SensorEvent event = new SensorEvent("inc" + (i-1));
        	sensorEventStream.insert( event );

        	System.out.println(i + ". fireAllRules()");
        	ksession.fireAllRules();
        	Thread.sleep(1005);
        }

	//let thread sleep for another 1m to see if dereffered rules fire (timers, (not) after rules)
        Thread.sleep(1000*60*1);

        ksession.dispose();