[rules-users] performance of ruleflowGroup

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Sep 23 16:22:16 EDT 2013

In 5.x ruleflow groups do not impact performance at all. All rules are evaluated at all times, when data is changed, regardless of the group they are in.

In 6.x only rules for the active ruleflowgroup are evaluated.

In 5.x if you are having performance issues, I'd recommend a root context pattern to short circuit the network evaluation. In 6.x that is not necessary.

Mark