[rules-users] do we have public API for exporting the guvnor repository

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Sun Sep 29 07:02:43 EDT 2013

On 2013/9/26 0:24, Sean Su wrote:
> Does anyone know if we have the public API to export the Guvnor rule
> repository in the format (xml, or zip version) that we can manually
> retrieve by going to "Administration/ImportExport" section?
No, I am afraid we do not have such API. But, the repo import/export in
5.5 (and earlier versions) is severed by this servlet:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor/blob/5.5.x/guvnor-webapp-core/src/main/java/org/drools/guvnor/server/files/RepositoryBackupServlet.java
You should be able to call this servlet directly as long as you have
provided this servlet with parameters it requires and set Basic
authentication correctly.

Cheers,
Jervis