[rules-users] Memory leak due CompositeClassLoader

Romain Thouvenin romain.thouvenin at amadeus.com
Thu Apr 3 02:23:54 EDT 2014

The thing is that it is not my webapp that creates the
RuleBaseConfiguration and the RuleBase, it is another component that is
loaded by the application server, and the rules are shared between
webapps. So I cannot dispose of these objects. This other component loads
lazily the RuleBase on first call, that is why when the
RuleBaseConfiguration is instantiated, the context class loader is the one
of my webapp.

The only workaround I found is to hook a listener when my webapp is
deployed, temporarily change the context class loader of the current
Thread, force the load of the RuleBase.
That way the CompositeClassLoader does not have a reference to the class
loader of my webapp.
But that is quite ugly...

I will see with the developers of this other component if migrating to 6.x
is a possibility, but I doubt it in the near future.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.
Romain