[rules-users] No setter found for property 'kBaseName' in class 'org.kie.spring.factorybeans.KBaseFactoryBean'

profversaggi profversaggi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:49:11 EDT 2014

I'm integrating Drools KIE and Spring 3.2.3.RELEASE (MVC Web)- and I'm
getting the following error that Google just isn't finding any references
for:

ERROR:
*No setter found for property 'kBaseName' in class
'org.kie.spring.factorybeans.KBaseFactoryBean' *
[config set: maven-spring-drools/web-context *application-config.xml*
/maven-spring-drools/src/main/resources/spring

The Project is a pure Maven project w/out any outside natures imposed upon
it (aka. Drools/Spring).

It's complaining that it can't find the setters for the kBaseName', which is
set here:

<kie:kbase name="rules" packages="rules">

I'm using a kmodule.xml found in the META-INF dir under the
src/main/resources dir.

Can anyone help me discover the disconnect?

Moreover - do I have to do it this way? The project executes the SPring MVC
Web App just fine and the Drools KIE test case runs perfectly in the same
Maven project. Can't I just integrate them programmatically instead?

Many thanks in advance ... :-)

The offending file: *application.xml*

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	xmlns:kie="http://drools.org/schema/kie-spring"
	xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context.xsd
http://drools.org/schema/kie-spring
http://drools.org/schema/kie-spring.xsd">

         <context:component-scan base-package="com.versaggi.springweb"/>

	<kie:kmodule id="ksession-rules">
	   <kie:kbase name="rules" packages="rules">
	   </kie:kbase>
	</kie:kmodule>

	<bean id="kiePostProcessor"
class="org.kie.spring.KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor" />

</beans>