[rules-users] processing a database with many to many Relationships

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 14:55:20 EDT 2014

Most of the drools examples that I seen, will for have an example that
process address, look for address with a given post/zip code etc on a
data source that is already loaded in the knowledge session, but it
include no description of how the data was loaded in the knowledge session.

I have a reference database of trading containers , the database
describes the source, destination, contents etc, relationships between
for example a container may have have many sources and many
destinations.  Destinations and sources may be shared between different
containers.

The database is normalised to keep source/destination information as a
single place table, with link tables to define the relationship between
the different containers and places

Q. What is the best way of loading my information in to a knowledge
session?

Expand all the many to many relationship in to a  single pojo objects
with multiple references to other pojos or is there a better way?

source                                                 destination
eg Container foo                      England,
England
                                                  England
                     France
                                                  England