[rules-users] (Hot?) rules production deployment

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:42:54 EDT 2014

Another technique to prevent non-programmers to wreak havoc is to
put them on the leash of a domain specific language (DSL). But developing
a non-trivial DSL is hard work, and you might find that you just spend
your money in a different way. Moreover, anything that's not too
restrictive must, by definition, provide enough leeway to enable
the non-programmers to program nonsense: this won't crash the
system but it sure will annoy the users.

The claim that "our business users write rules" is very frequently
based on them typing, into a spreadsheet or similar, parameters
for a small, limited number of rule templates, which are then
replicated by filling in constant values...

-W