[rules-users] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError thrown in drools api

DE_Azrael Johannes.Weber at hp.com
Mon Apr 28 03:00:39 EDT 2014

Good morning !

@snak: That was the first hint I found during my investigation but it could
not be the failure.

It could not be a problem of version incompatibility. As I wrote the
transaction was working 4 times and failed at the 5th transaction
(reproducable).

If it would be a problem of incompatibility no transaction could be
successful.

>From the error stack I was wondering why it was saying
ConditionEvaluatorf4a3f354729241ac8370890200fdf2d8.evaluate(Unknown Source)

Guess this class is generated automaticly and the source that is missing at
this point is the kbase.

I checked again the initialisation of kbase and I found a failure.

The kbase is defined as static and is beeing initialised with the first
transaction. Additionaly it's beeing updated every few minutes.

After I corrected this the failure disappear.

I did the following changes:

*old code:*

if ((knowledgeSetupTimestamp + timeInMillis) < System.currentTimeMillis())
ageReload = true;

if ((kbase == null) || ageReload) {
	synchronized (DroolsHelper.class) {
		if ((kbase == null) || ageReload) {
		}
	}
}

*new corrected code:*

if ((kbase == null)	|| (knowledgeSetupTimestamp + timeInMillis <
System.currentTimeMillis())) {
	synchronized (DroolsHelper.class) {
		if ((kbase == null) || (knowledgeSetupTimestamp + timeInMillis <
System.currentTimeMillis())) {
		}
	}
}

I'm still a bit puzzled about the reported failure and it would be great if
someone could explain me this behaviour.

Thanks a lot !

Cheers Johannes