[rules-users] Rules not picked when packaged inside the JAR

ash316 ashishna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 01:51:50 EDT 2014

I am working on DROOLS 6.0.1 application. I have my rule files (*.drl)
packaged inside a separate project which is included as a jar file as a
maven dependency. When I deploy my project, KIEModule is not able to find
the rules files (which are packaged inside the jar above). I am not getting
an error though but rules are not getting fired.If I manually place the
rules files under classpath say WEB-INF/rules/*.drl they are detected and
rules are executed.I was under impression that KIEmodules are auto
discovered from anywhere in classpath.Any pointers are appreciated. This is
general question hence I have not included the comprehensive code files.
Everything start working once I place the *.drl files in the classpath (take
them outside of jar).I have opened the JIRA issue @  Link
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DROOLS-466>  Thanks