[rules-users] How to add entity classes to Workbench?

John Manko john.manko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:25:18 EST 2014

It doesn't seem to work that well.

Error: "An error occurred when the requested data model was loaded from
server". The server error is:
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.comp.project.entity.SomeEntityPK"

SomeEntityPK is an @Embeddable for SomeEntity

@Entity
public class SomeEntity implements Serializable {
    @EmbeddedId
    protected SomeEntityPK someEntityPK;
   /* fields */
}

@Embeddable
public class SomeEntityPK implements Serializable {
   /* primary key fields */
}

Both are in the same package.  Is this a bug?

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:

> Lots of videos here:
> http://blog.athico.com/2013/12/drools-60-workbench-and-editor-videos.html
>
> You need to go to the Deployment menu option, and upload jar. It's then
> available as a dependency, in the project editor configuration
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVFkRHLGjQ&list=PLb9jQNHBKBRj9IJkc_F5nCJAvXaegOGW8&index=5
>
> On 4 Feb 2014, at 17:32, John Manko <john.manko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> KIE 6.0.1.Final
>

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> What version?
>>
>> Sent on the move
>> On 4 Feb 2014 16:56, "John Manko" <john.manko at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  I downloaded and configured Workbench (Guvnor), and I'd like to add my
>>> entity classes to it in order to create rules to manipulate their data.  I
>>> don't see an JAR import function.  Is this possible?

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of
their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will
deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on
the continent their fathers conquered... The issuing power should be taken
from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-- Thomas Jefferson