[rules-users] Migration to Drools 6 and Workbench from Guvnor 5.5?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 13:32:49 EST 2014

manstis wrote
> A more complete stack trace would be useful; or your repository.xml..
> either way there's not much to go on at the moment.

Sorry, here's the stack trace:

org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Unable to load dialect
'org.drools.compiler.rule.builder.dialect.mvel.MVELDialectConfiguration:mvel:org.drools.compiler.rule.builder.dialect.mvel.MVELDialectConfiguration'
Migration ended with errors. Written into outputVfsRepository
({C:\LocalApps\eclipse\.niogit at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.addDialect(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:321)
   at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.buildDialectConfigurationmap(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:307)
   at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.init(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:192)
   at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.<init>(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:165)
   at
org.drools.guvnor.server.builder.BRMSPackageBuilder.getPackageBuilderConfiguration(BRMSPackageBuilder.java:134)
   at
org.drools.guvnor.server.builder.BRMSPackageBuilder.<init>BRMSPackageBuilder.java:67)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.migrater.asset.GuidedEditorMigrater.migrate(GuidedEditorMigrator.java:98)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.migrater.asset.GuidedEditorMigrater$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.migrate(GuidedEditorMigrater$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.migrater.AssetMigrater.migrate(AssetMigrater.java:174)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.migrater.AssetMigrater.migrateAll(AssetMigrater.java:144)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.migrater.AssetMigrater$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.migrateAll(Jcr2VfsMigrater$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrater.migrateAll(Jcr2VfsMigrater.java:91)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrater$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.migrateAll(Jcr2VfsMigrater$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.migrate(Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.java:64)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.run(Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.java:52)
   at
org.drools.workbench.jcr2vfsmigration.Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.main(Jcr2VfsMigrationApp.java:37)
org.drools.compiler.rule.builder.dialect.mvel.MVELDialectConfiguration
cannot be cast to org.drools.compiler.DialectConfiguration
   at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.addDialect(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:316)
   ... 15 more

I'm thinking it isn't important, but just in case, here is the rule as well.
rule "CheckCounter"
   salience 65500
   dialect "mvel"
   when
      not ($xev:XEVCounter())
   then
      XEVCounter newone = new XEVCounter();
      newone.setCount(new java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicLong(0));
      insert(newone);
      // a comment
end

declare XEVCounter
   count:java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicLong