[rules-users] [optaplanner] Nurse rostering questions

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 05:21:53 EST 2014

On 12-02-14 20:55, Karri Niemelä wrote:

> 1) So for example when using toy1.xml there is 140 shifts/assigments.
> This means each nurse(11 of them) will get about 10-15 assignments.
> (= DayOfWeekCover/cover/shift/preferred is 2)
>
> But what if I want to make sure in contract MinNumAssignments = 20 is met?
> DayOfWeekCover/Cover/shift would need to have minimum/maximum instead of preferred?
Not sure what you're asking.
It already has a rule "minimumTotalAssignments" and a rule
"maximumTotalAssignments":
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/optaplanner/blob/master/optaplanner-examples/src/main/resources/org/optaplanner/examples/nurserostering/solver/nurseRosteringScoreRules.drl#L92

Adjust those as needed.

> 2) So I solve/make shifts for february using nurserostering. Then I want to do march.
> a) How to load old data? (Load feb solution and then advance 30 days?)
and mark the old data as immovable (easiest way is in the example
implementation indeed to advance the planning window beyond the old data)
> b) What if my march data has employee/contract changes?
Expand the domain model of the example implementation to represent this
complexity.
Then adjust the score rules so they only apply to the active contract of
an employee.
It gets interesting when an employee switches contract in the middle of
a planning window...