[rules-users] irrational behaviour by drools engine

Avin abhijeet.b.patil at jpmorgan.com
Fri Feb 14 05:48:18 EST 2014

Thanks for your response. I will try to explain as much as i can if you have
any doubts then let me know
I am actually simulating a live process with gemfire.
So we have Maps( which are nothing but regions of gemfire). I try to
retrieve data from this Map using map.get. This data needs to be compared
with other Maps. I have facts which are used to retrieve data from Map if
they are present. In example that i have given I am hardcoding id == 7 for
testing because i am getting this wierd behaviour. So this facts are used as
keys of maps and data found in other maps.
If it satisfies my condition then i have list in which I insert those fact
objects.
Also Map objects and fact objects are actually of type EncapsulatingObject .
java version 6
Drools 5.5

public class EncapsulatingObject {
	private int id;

	public int getId() {
		return id;
	}

	public void setId(int id) {
		this.id = id;
	}
public int hashCode_() {

		final int prime = 31;
		int result = 1;
		result = prime * result + id;

		return result;
	}
public boolean equals_(Object obj) {

		if (this == obj)
			return true;
		if (obj == null)
			return false;
		if (!(obj instanceof EncapsulatingObject))
			return false;
		EncapsulatingObject other = (EncapsulatingObject) obj;
		if (id != other.id)
			return false;
		return true;
	}