[rules-users] Custom Operator - 5.4.0 works but nor not in 5.6.0.

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:24:27 EST 2014

Matt, I had answered another thread directly on the forum, I'm not sure
that it made it to the user list.
This was my answer:

<<Unfortunately I am not completely surprised... ironically, that
function signature was changed at some point to simplify the code and
make it more robust internally.
The change, however, broke the backwards compatibility with existing
custom implementations (something the users can fix) and the way the
evaluators are invoked by MVEL in the constraints.
The latter required to create an EvaluatorWrapper class which is
responsible for matching the Objects to their handles and extractors.

>From what you say, there seems to be a problem in the latter:
"the first step return back the same factHandle object"

Could you make sure that the factHandle is holding the correct object
and that the extractor is a ClassFieldExtractor trying to read the
appropriate field?
A self-contained reproducer would also be appreciated. Some bugs related
to the custom evaluators were fixed last week in 6.1 master,
it would be important to know if this bug is still there, and whether
the fixes should be backported and how
Thank you in advance
Davide>>

I have noticed another small detail:
<< The error is:
[Error: inlist0.evaluate( PRIMARY_SITE, ("C500-C505") ):
org.drools.common.DefaultFactHandle cannot be cast to java.lang.String]
[Near : {... inlist0.evaluate( PRIMARY_SITE ....}]

Since PRIMARY_SITE is capitalized, is it a regular field, or something
else like a global?
There was a bug we found last week which may be related:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DROOLS-426

Davide