[rules-users] Question about 'query'

ismaximum mnrz57 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 19:38:34 EST 2014

Hi

I started to like 'query' and I think it's very useful in terms of reusing a
logic. Now my question is, is it really a good idea to use 'query' as a
reusable function to get a list of objects in memory or extract a value from
WM?

For example, I have defined a query to return the earliest date of all
object X available in WM so in different rules I can get that date and use
it. or another one to return a list of objects based on a criteria.

What is the impact on performance? Does a query get executed each time it's
invoked? or just once?

Thanks