[rules-users] pre-load rules and performance

ismaximum mnrz57 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:44:49 EST 2014

Hi

I am trying to make a big sets of rules more efficient. So we have this drl
file with lots of rules and the same rule-flow-group. About 15 of them are
rules we call them pre-load rules and they have a high salience numbers.
These rules will fetch data from database and insert then into WM.

As I know, each insert makes all the rules get activated... there are lots
of other objects and facts being added by these so-called pre load rules...

*How can we make this efficient? How can I say no rule gets activated unless
all the pre-load ones are done?*

Because these rules are inserting facts into memory (we are validating
incoming request and need to consider existing data in database) we can't
put new conditions in other rules to stop them from being fired.

Does anybody have an idea or had such experience with this?

Thanks