[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent fallback FROM local cache?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 12:10:12 EST 2014

I am using drools 5.5 with Guvnor and the Integration Server.  My integration
server uses a knowledgeagent that pulls the package from guvnor and I have
set the drools.resource.urlcache for a local cache in case Guvnor is
unavailable.

If Guvnor is available at startup, the KAgent sees any deployed changes to
my package from then on.  If guvnor is NOT available, the local cache is
used and everything works fine UNTIL I make a change to Guvnor.  The KAgent
seems to never fall back to checking for Guvnor's availability.

I'd like the KnowledgeAgent to use the local cache until Guvnor is available
again.  Is there an (existing) way to make this happen?

If not, any thought about implementing a solution?

Thanks,
- J