[rules-users] Null pointer exception when adding drools to existing project

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Jan 30 21:56:30 EST 2014

There is no ksession called “ksession-rules”, or it can’t find one. Which means your kmodule.xml is incorrectly defined, or cannot be found.

Take the simplest project, copy it. And use that as a starting point, changing the drl files to have the rule content you want and adding your domain classes.
Either this one:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-examples-api/default-kiesession

Or this one:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-examples-api/named-kiesession