[rules-users] "Cannot find KieModule" with kieServices.newKieContainer() with LATEST or RELEASE instead of explicit version number (eg: 0.0.1)

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:47:51 EST 2014

Ciao Matteo,

I tried the test case attached to DROOLS-419 and it works for me.

To be more precise what I tried it is simply installing the kjar you
provided on my local maven repo and check that the main class of your second
project is able to retrieve the kjar and build the drools project using both
LATEST and RELEASE as version.

I realize the use case you described is quite more complex, but I believe
the additional complexity is all maven related and has nothing to do with
Drools. Moreover if you need to use additional (external) maven repositories
my suggestion is to try to configure them in your settings.xml file. Also be
aware that you can define a location for an alternative settings.xml file
(and then define there the additional repositories you need if you want)
using the system property kie.maven.settings.custom like in:

java -jar -Dkie.maven.settings.custom=/my/alternative/settings.xml
drools6testmvnlatest.thestandaloneengine-jar-with-dependencies.jar RELEASE

I hope this helps, but if I am missing some important detail and you still
think the issue you reported could be somewhat related with Drools please
let me know.

Thanks,
Mario