[rules-users] Is protobuf cache actually used?

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:04:18 EDT 2014

Federico,

Not sure why you say it is not used?

Drools tries to use any pre-compiled resource bytecode if it is
available in the cache. If it is not available, it falls back to JIT
compilation:

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/blob/master/drools-compiler/src/main/java/org/drools/compiler/rule/builder/dialect/java/JavaDialect.java#L627

Edson

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Federico Bertola
<federico.bertola88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> from what I see, the protobuf cache that the KnowledgeBuilder produce
> and saves as *.cache, is not currently used anywhere, right? If so, what
> would it be required to reload the compilation data inside the
> KnowledgeBuilder? There's something I'm missing or there is some piece
> of code demonstrating this capability?
>
> Best regards,
> Federico.

  Edson Tirelli
  Principal Software Engineer
  Red Hat Business Systems and Intelligence Group