[rules-users] unexpected/spurious ClassCastException

Borris borris at chaos.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:49:37 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 09/07/2014 14:41, Davide Sottara wrote:
> Sorry for not being able to get back to you again earlier.
> Yes, the rule / query you are showing makes sense - I would have asked
> you for something similar :) It is definitely a bug in the resolution of
> the class that defines an attribute, we could really use the reproducer
> to fix it quickly.
>
> I'll check the "enabled" attribute's behavior in 6.x
> Thanks
> Davide

I'll tidy up the the test case I've generated and email it to you.

Just to be clear, the cast exception was caused by a mistake on my part
in the when part of a rule, but in a rule with an "enabled false"
attribute. I had done the standard thing of gradually disabling bits
until the error went away, but had not allowed for the exception being
triggered with enabled false, so had assumed (not unreasonably I argue
:) ) that the initially supplied rules must be the cause of the problem.

At least, that's my conclusion - but the test case will let you decide
independently.

Borris