[rules-users] Migration to Drools 6 and Workbench from Guvnor 5.5?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 11:58:26 EDT 2014

We did not perform the migration largely due to scheduling and the volume of
changes that would be needed (against our working system).  We use Guvnor,
the Drools Integration Server as well as a Camel application which
incorporates Drools - a lot of moving parts to update.   The big hurdle I
ran into was in migrating the knowledge base (partly documented in this
thread).

Additionally, the main driver for us to update was that the Knowledge Agent
we used was unable to reconcile changes in Guvnor with a persisted knowledge
session.  Once migration to v6 proved to be substantial effort, I tried the
latest version of 5.6.1 which I read had addressed issues with KAgent.  It
turns out that the issues were (largely) fixed, so we just updated to 5.6.1
as the path of least resistance.  Sorry I can't provide more information.