[rules-users] Drools-6 WB | Why Database is Required for Indexing When GIT repo is available

Zahid Ahmed zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Mon Jun 2 23:47:07 EDT 2014

Hi,

In Drools-6 documentation its mentioned that,

"Everything is now stored as a file, including meta data. The database is only there to provide fast indexing and search. So importing and exporting is all standard Git and external sites, like GitHub, can be used to exchange repositories." (Reference : drools-docs.pdf : 2.3. New and Noteworthy in KIE Workbench 6.0.0)

I want to know that why its required to store indexes in database, when we already have a repository with us, indexes could have been saved in the GIT repository itself. If we need database then now we need a license for database also.

After reading this I am looking for database configurations in the documentation but I am not able to find it in the documentation.  Where to configure it ? In GIT ? or in Workbench ?

Regards,
Zahid