[rules-users] Compilation errors in Drools examples

rjh raojinghai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 17:25:13 EDT 2014

Hi Mario,

Thanks for fixing the problem. I just installed the plugin, but this time,
it stops doing validation. It doesn't report any error in the .drl file,
even for obvious syntax errors.

Below is the steps I did:
1. git clone https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-tools.git
2. cd droolsjbpm-tools/
3. mvn clean install -DskipTests (the build is successfully)
4. Add a local update site to eclipse. The path is
droolsjbpm-tools/drools-eclipse/org.drools.updatesite/target/repository/
5. Install the plugins. The version number seen after installation is:
6.1.0.201406031754
6. Create a new example Drools project. I intentionally made some mistakes,
but there is no error message in eclipse editor. However, if I switch to
Rete Tree tab, I get the following message:

"Rete Tree Build Error!

Reason:
java.lang.Exception: Unable to parse rules to show RETE view! 2 build
errors. "

My environment is same as reported in jira.

If you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jinghai