[rules-users] Fusion, Insert Events with timestamp in the past.

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:59:00 EDT 2014

On 04/06/2014, SebastianStehle <mail2stehle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that the update process is not optimal, but can you tell me if my
> simple example should work or not?
>
> We get measurements from sensors. Because of network delay and other
> intermediate processes the timestamp of the measurements can be some
> seconds
> behind the time of the insert.

How can this be? t(measurement) < t(insert), which is "before".

As long as network delay is uniform for all sources, it doesn't
matter. If there are different sensor positions with data being
relayed over different links, delays may depend on the source. But in
this case, you are up the creek anyway.

-W