[rules-users] Workbench: Error after cloning repository

Steinmetz, Jean-Philippe jpsteinmetz at theworkshop.us.com
Thu Jun 5 13:34:42 EDT 2014

I've created a repo on github you can clone to reproduce the issue. It is
located at:

https://github.com/caskater4/kie-wb-error

I thought I had isolated the problem down to the project having specified
drools-core as a dependency but when I attempted to create a repo with only
that it didn't seem to cause a direct problem. The repo above closely
resembles the use case I have which does reproduce the errors I am seeing.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can you create a repository that you can share to reproduce the problem?
>
> Sent on the move
> On 3 Jun 2014 19:10, "Steinmetz, Jean-Philippe" <
> jpsteinmetz at theworkshop.us.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have an idea why I am getting these compilation errors? This
>> is currently blocking me at the moment and I have been able to find a
>> solution. Thanks!
>>

>> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Steinmetz, Jean-Philippe <
>> jpsteinmetz at theworkshop.us.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay I was able to disable strict-mode using by defining the
>>> system-property in JBoss. With that and fixing up some of the imports I was
>>> able to reduce the compilation errors shown in the workbench to just a
>>> couple.
>>>
>>> The errors I get now are:
>>>
>>> Error importing : 'com.mycompany.MyClassUtils'
>>> Error importing : 'org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DateUtils'
>>> [ function isEventOnSameDay (line:18): Only a type can be
>>> imported. com.mycompany.MyClassUtils resolves to a package
>>> isEventOnSameDay (line:24): Only a type can be imported.
>>> org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DateUtils resolves to a package
>>> isEventOnSameDay (line:36): DateUtils cannot be resolved