[rules-users] How can we make the ‘over window:time’ parameter being configurable?

Matteo Mortari matteo.mortari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:32:33 EDT 2014

Hi,
I'm quite intrigued by this question also myself, I would like to know more
about what you mean by "configurable" ?

For instance you can have the window 'declared'

declare window SensorReading30s
    SensorReading() over window:time(30s) from entry-point DEFAULT
end

and also use this custom window name in the accumulate rule.

Do you mean by "configurable" , known at runtime and varying?

A solution I can think of in that case, a specific rule with the
housekeeping style; but I'm quite worried about performance issues may
arise.

Just my 2c, hope maybe helps?