[rules-users] Memory leak when deploying to Maven repository?

Sandjaja, Dominik dominik.sandjaja at it-motive.de
Wed Jun 11 04:46:38 EDT 2014

Hello,

our scenario is like this:
>From our customer, we get an Excel file which contains something rule-like which we convert into actual Drools rule strings. Those, we want to deploy in our local Maven repository (the one being used by Drools/KIE/Maven) as an actual artifact. This allows us later, to create new rules with KIE-WB, which are then deployed into the same repository, but with a higher artifact version. The actual application can then initially, when it doesn't have a connection to KIE-WB, use the rules created from the Excel sheet. In a second step, it can later get a more current rule artifact from the KIE-WB repository.

This is why we create an actual artifact out of the Excel sheet. That process takes a while, so we do it in the startup listener.

As far as I understand it and as far as I could see it on the filesystem, when I build a KieModule programmatically, it is not persisted anywhere and it is lost on restart of the system. That is why I wanted to explicitly persist it with the Aether facilities, as depicted in my previous post. If I do not do that and if I then check at startup if the artifact version does exist, I get back a "false" and it is created again - which takes quite some time. This is the reason why I want to store my created artifact in the local, persistent repository.

Am I getting something wrong? Is the artifact already stored somewhere?

I hope my intentions are a bit clearer now ...

Thanks in advance!
Dominik