[rules-users] Analysing OutOfMemory, too many RightTuple

bvoisin benoit.voisin at igc-erp.com
Wed Jun 11 10:09:25 EDT 2014

Hi all,

With my set of rules and data, I get OutOfMemory issues. It works fine with
smaller sets of Data.

Looking with a HeapDump analyzer, I found that there was thousands of
RightTuples. In a previous run, before some rules fixes, I also add tons of
JoinNodeLeftTuple's.
They seem to come from poorly written rules; unfortunately, I find it quite
difficult to find and correct the conditions/rules causing these tons of
RightTuple.

Is there any analysis option/tool that can give information on the Left Hand
Side (tuples and sinks), or is there any BestPractices on how to correct the
rules to limit this behavior?

I use Drools 6.1.0.Beta4, with Phreak enabled, but had similary issues with
6.0.0 or 6.0.1

Regards,
Benoît