[rules-users] Comparing Objects of same class.

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:07:59 EDT 2014

This is one of the scenarios that can be handled using CEP (Complex
Event Processing) - basically rule logic with some extensions to make
time based reasoning more convenient. In Drools, you have @event
to declare a fact type as an event type, temporal operators to
establish temporal relations between events, "windows" to select
recently arrived subsets of facts, etc. Much depends on whether you
need to handle this in real time or whether it's going to be handled
over a bulk of historic data.

All my hints on mapping facts to days are useless - you may have to
use floating intervals or an approach that's triggered by the first
smell of a certain "crime"...

-W