[rules-users] Lock-on-active and FROM

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Tue Jun 24 08:36:52 EDT 2014

Hello all

It has been a while since I posted on this forum as I was assigned to other
tasks for a while. Anyway, I have not forgotten about the source of
knowledge that is this user forum!

We are using Drools 5.3.0. In the expert manual, section 5.8.3.6.2, the odd
behavior of lock-on-active and FROM is highlighted.

However, we cannot reproduce this reported behaviour. See annex for .java
file and drl file.

In the documentation, it is sated that only one rule should fire, in the
example and as we run it, we can get both rule activations to execute. Could
anyone cast the bright light of explanation on this phenomenon?

It would also be helpful if someone could provide us with some additional
information about why you should expect only one rule to fire.

Thank you very much for your time and highly appreciated explanations!

  Sample.drl <http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4030146/Sample.drl>
DroolsTest.java
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4030146/DroolsTest.java>