[rules-users] Rules not picked when packaged inside the JAR

Ashish Nayyar ashishna at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:32:33 EDT 2014

Can anyone help here please ?

I am working on DROOLS 6.0.1 application. I have my rule files (*.drl)
packaged inside a separate project which is included as a jar file as a
maven dependency. When I deploy my project, KIEModule is not able to find
the rules files (which are packaged inside the jar above). I am not getting
an error though but rules are not getting fired. If I manually place the
rules files under classpath say WEB-INF/rules/*.drl they are detected and
rules are executed. I was under impression that KIEmodules are auto
discovered from anywhere in classpath. Any pointers are appreciated. This
is general question hence I have not included the comprehensive code files.
Everything start working once I place the *.drl files in the classpath
(take them outside of jar). I have opened the JIRA issue @
Link<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DROOLS-466>
 Thanks