[rules-users] Deploy Rules in separate OSGi bundles

Ephemeris Lappis ephemeris.lappis at gmail.com
Sat May 17 02:50:06 EDT 2014

Hello.According to your advices I've done some tests with the Drools 6.1.0
fetaures, and it seems to work but with some problems.I've installed the
feature as follow to start what seems to be the minimal needed package to
make my application code work :features:addurl
mvn:org.drools/drools-karaf-features/6.1.0.Beta3/xml/featuresfeatures:install
drools-commonfeatures:install drools-modulefeatures:install kieMy code is
very simple, it uses the KIE AI with no special classloader mentions for
example, and my rules files (kmodule.xml and drl files) are found as
expected in the jar that loads them (in a first time I've not tried to
separate rules from code).I've found a problem when updating my bundle that
contains the rules, with the following exception.Some idea about that ? I
interpret that rules are managed by Drools in a repository that rebembers
the origin classloader, and that doesn't refresh itsef when the rules source
bundles are updated. Is it a bug ?I found that stopping all the feature
bundles abnd restarting them seem to reload the rules, but sometimes with a
large flow of errors in the console (I have no copy of that)...Could you
please confirm I'm on the right way ?Another question is about the best way
to deploy the Drools features when the production system has no internet
access, which is our case. Is there any prepackaged feature that can be
deployed on the local system to avoid external maven acesses ?Thanks a
lot.Regards.