[rules-users] how to create kbases with useful names for JMX

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:31:50 EDT 2014

   Christopher,

   Thanks for reporting this. The public API does not currently allows
users to set the ID of the KieBase unfortunately. I will fix this for
6.1. With 6.0, it is only possible to do it using the internal APIs.

   Edson

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM, cjohns13
<christopher.johnston at netboss.com> wrote:
> How can I create new container / knowledgebases so that the names as shown in
> JMX are not random UUID() strings?
>
> Something like this currently:
> KieContainer container =
> KieServices.Factory.get().newKieContainer(releaseId);
> container.newKieSession("myName");
>
> When you enable mbeans via Kie.mbeans.enabled=true
>
> Yields, in JMX:
>
> objectName: org.drools.kbases:type=2d4ffdab-2aca-4d5d-8c44-a5031c4d4094
>
> but, would rather have it be
> org.drools.kbases:type=myName
>
> How can I create the container/kbase/session so it gets a good name, as it
> stands now?  I can see in KnowledgeBaseFactoryServiceImpl.java that there is
> a way to set this kbaseId, but can't figure out a way to actually set this
> at the high level.

  Edson Tirelli
  Principal Software Engineer
  Red Hat Business Systems and Intelligence Group