[rules-users] Workbench: Error after cloning repository

Steinmetz, Jean-Philippe jpsteinmetz at theworkshop.us.com
Fri May 30 13:51:29 EDT 2014

Okay I was able to disable strict-mode using by defining the
system-property in JBoss. With that and fixing up some of the imports I was
able to reduce the compilation errors shown in the workbench to just a
couple.

The errors I get now are:

Error importing : 'com.mycompany.MyClassUtils'
Error importing : 'org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DateUtils'
[ function isEventOnSameDay (line:18): Only a type can be
imported. com.mycompany.MyClassUtils resolves to a package
isEventOnSameDay (line:24): Only a type can be imported.
org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DateUtils resolves to a package
isEventOnSameDay (line:36): DateUtils cannot be resolved
isEventOnSameDay (line:37): DateUtils cannot be resolved
 ]

The MyClassUtils is a class defined in the same project as the DRL files.
Therefore, assuming the workbench is also compiling/loading the java files
in the classloader it should resolve without issue. The DateUtils class is
a maven dependency and I assume should be loaded by the workbench as well?
Why would the compiler see these classes as packages?