[seam-dev] Google Summer of Code

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 19:19:26 EDT 2008

>  Dan, it sounds like you are interested? Do you have any specific projects
> in mind?

Negative, I would definitely not have the time with the backlog I
managed to accumulate in the last year. However, I can recommend.

I would really like to see an Excel export module...and then perhaps
something with JasperReports if the Excel thing isn't enough work. The
fact that we lack an Excel export comes up every time I propose Seam
on a project. The second major thing is a NetBeans module (the one
that exists is pretty crappy). Not to say that JBossTools isn't
awesome it its own right, but NetBeans has its advantages and I would
love to see us embrace that platform as well. Finally, we need
conversations in the GWT integration, but that might be too simple for
a project.

If I think of anything else, I will pass it on.

Should we ask for proposals from the community on the forums?

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

http://www.mojavelinux.com
http://manning.com/dallen

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters. Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.