[seam-dev] EL Function Support

Nicholas Hagen nicholas.hagen at znetdevelopment.com
Wed Aug 6 07:51:54 EDT 2008

http://www.ilikespam.com/blog/el-function-parameters-with-jboss-el which is
linked from jsfcentral.com

That talks about being able to do things like #{bean.method(param1, param2)}
within the page without having to use a MethodExpression.  It is just a
standard ValueExpression (or ValueBinding for JSF 1.1) that rather than
doing bean.getMethod() does bean.method(param1, param2).

I did a very similar concept, except I also added variable argument
support.  I also updated Facelet functions to also support EL functions with
variable args so you can do things like #{f:function(param1, param2, param3,
param4, param5)} and only define the function as String concat(String...
values).

Thanks,
Nick