[seam-dev] automatic loading of persistence units in JBoss AS 5

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 05:34:11 EST 2008

> but I strongly believe that there has to be some control over this
> mechanism.

There is plenty of control, if you know how to enable it. ;-)

By order of severity:
1) remove or replace deployer that adds this behavior
  - writing new MC deployers is trivial
2) add new deployer that alters this behavior
  - MC deployers are metadata driven chain
3) add new structure deployer
  - e.g. custom Seam structure
4) limit where persistence.xml is valid (see jboss-structure.xml)
  - https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13178
5) rename files: persistence.xml --> persistence-xyz.xml

If this kicks in via @PersistenceContext:
1) limit scanning (as I already posted in JIRA):
  - https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13178 (see jboss-scanning.xml)

If you need any help with writing this,
either post on MC or JBoss5 user forum.