[seam-dev] automatic loading of persistence units in JBoss AS 5

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:02:15 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Ales Justin <ales.justin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...until we can provide them with instructions.
>
> Can you push this to JBoss5 forum?

I can bring it up there.

> Or/and provide me with example - probably the one mentioned in JIRA?
> And I'll add JBoss5 specific info that will make it work - hopefully
> transparently. :-)

Yes, transparently is what we are looking for.

Here is what you need to do (I'm being very specific even though I
figure you have Seam checked out from SVN).

svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/trunk
ant build
set jboss.home in build.properties to point to an JBoss AS 5 installation
cd examples/spring
ant jbosswar
watch for failed deployment in the log files:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find a persistence unit
named 'null' in
AbstractVFSDeploymentContext at 15139323{vfszip:/home/dallen/opt/jboss-as-5.0.0.preGA/server/default/deploy/jboss-seam-spring.war}
        at org.jboss.jpa.resolvers.DefaultPersistenceUnitDependencyResolver.resolvePersistenceUnitSupplier(DefaultPersistenceUnitDependencyResolver.java:141)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatInjectionContainer.resolvePersistenceUnitSupplier(TomcatInjectionContainer.java:676)
        at org.jboss.injection.PersistenceUnitHandler.addPUDependency(PersistenceUnitHandler.java:123)
        at org.jboss.injection.PersistenceContextHandler.loadXml(PersistenceContextHandler.java:76)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatInjectionContainer.processMetadata(TomcatInjectionContainer.java:544)

Cheers,

Dan

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.