[seam-dev] Library version diff between CR1 and CR2

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 16:37:20 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> On  Dec 5, 2008, at 18:22, Dan Allen wrote:
>
>> As for the question of sl4j vs commons-logging, as Pete mentioned,
>> it's not relevant in Seam. Seam uses its own abstraction layer to
>> choose either log4j or jdk logging at runtime. We are likely going to
>> research whether we can leverage sl4j in that abstraction (I think
>> there is an open JIRA), but it's would not be about removing
>> commons-logging.
>
> So you would abstract the abstraction. Are you Rod Johnson?

I've been exposed! Hahaha, just kidding. Good point though. However
brief the research must be, ultimately we need to decide whether we
gain anything by introducing it. Heaven knows we have enough
abstractions to deal with already ;)

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.