[seam-dev] Re: ViewExpiredException

Alexandr Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Thu Feb 21 16:00:45 EST 2008

I have got a lot of times to understand JSF 1.2 implementation code.
As I guess from code, JSF 1.2 detect ViewHandler / StateManager version
from faces-config.xml DTD/XML schema name. We can't switch  RichFaces
3.1.x configuration files to a JSF 1.2 format, as far as it will
completely break JSF 1.1 compatibility.
Fortunately, there is workaround for a SUN RI framework. Just put :
 <context-param>
  <param-name>com.sun.faces.disableVersionTracking</param-name>
  <param-value>true</param-value>
 </context-param>
into application web.xml. It will switch framework to a JSF 1.2 behavior.