[seam-dev] Seam and RESTEasy integration

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:22:44 EDT 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 16:12 , Pete Muir wrote:

>> 3. We'll probably have a mechanism for transporting conversation
>> identifiers in HTTP headers. However, I'm thinking that the way
>> this should be implemented is with explicit automatically created
>> resources that identify a particular conversation "workspace". See
>> Bill's blog about JMS integration and how you'd model a transaction
>> resource RESTfully. This is the same approach just for Seam
>> conversations.
>
> So this would be similar to named conversations? You have to
> explicitly define and use a conversation?

Yes, it's the same concept. You do a first request to create the
conversation workspace under a resource path like /rest/conversation/
editItem and then have sub-resources, like PUT a new representation
to /rest/conversation/editItem/123. Shouldn't be difficult, the tricky
part is the resource design. Bill summarized the problem and possible
solutions here:

http://bill.burkecentral.com/2008/06/16/resteasy-mom-an-exercise-in-jax-rs-restful-ws-design/

> I assume you would build (4) on (5)?

Well, I'm going to commit (1) and (2) and then let others have a
look :) I think Shane should be involved at some point because he
knows the current remoting/WS stuff best.